My Blog List

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Special Project: MOMI activity

During your visit to the Museum of the Moving Image, you must have realized that both the layout of the museum and the course of the guides' tour create a narrative. Discuss what you understood that narrative to be and what your reaction (positive, negative, skeptical) is to this narrative.
     During the visit to the museum of the moving image I was impressed with the things I saw. The Phenakistoscope was so cool. I was literally so into the spinning wheel. The snakes were like going into this deep black hole and if you spin it in the other direction its looks like their coming out. The Feral Fount was so amazing. It was the best thing I ever saw. Dough was like passing through the hand. It had flashing lights and it was spinning really fast. The Charlie Chaplin penny arcade was like looking into a slideshow. You have to manually turn it to see the picture go really fast. It had all his movies stored on mini films. The Linda Blair doll was in the movie the Exorcist. It was so cool. I loved that scary doll, it was so real and it looks like it was alive. I saw the Freddy Kruger hand claws. It was so amazing. I wish I had it for Halloween. They had Freddy’s chest and his huge shirt. I loved the Egyptian theater. The drawings was really well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment